Prior to submitting an application for your child, we invite you to visit The Common School and get a feel for our programs, community and mission. 1 - Parent Tour, brief classroom observation, and Meeting with admissions staff
See a school day in action, learn about the School’s philosophy, have questions answered and share information about your child. This step in the admissions process is for parents only and are offered Monday-Friday at either 8:45 or 9:00am beginning in October. Please plan to spend 1 - 1.5 hours with us. Please call to schedule a visit with Director of Admissions and Family Relations, Dana Kadish, at 413-256-8989. 2 - Application
Applications may be submitted at any time, and must be accompanied by all written school records, care giver evaluations and specialist evaluations (as applicable to each child) to be considered complete. There is a $30.00 application fee.
• application for admission >
• parental permission form for school records >
Please print and deliver or forward the appropriate evaluation form to your child's current teacher or caregiver: For children in pre-school - grade 1 >For children in grades 2 - 5 > 3 - Child Visit
Having your child visit the School is the final step in the admissions process. Visits are arranged in the beginning of February. Our youngest children (Nursery - Primary 1) visit in small groups. Beginning in Primary 2, children visit individually. The goal of the visit is to have us become acquainted with your child, to get a sense of his/her developmental level and learning style, and to insure that your child knows a little about the School and what to expect if admitted.
4 - Notifications
Admissions decisions begin on February 28 of each year. A contract and deposit are required to confirm your child’s admission.
- We seek to promote diversity in our student and family body
- Priority is given to siblings of enrolled children, and to children of staff and alumni
- We look for indications that The Common School is well-suited to meet the needs of a particular applicant.
- For children with special needs, careful consideration is given on an individual basis to determine if the School has the resources to support the applicant.
- Children need to have turned three years old by September 1 to enter the Nursery program, and five years old by September 1 to enter Primary 1.